Tuesday, March 17, 2009

People who are better than us

2:14 PM Manny: Best cartoon ever, now in book formhttp://www.boingboing.net/2009/03/16/get-your-war-on-the-1.html

7 minutes
2:22 PM Manny: On Hurricane Katrina: "How did you celebrate the two-year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina?" "I floated face-down in my pool for a couple days, contemplating all the people who don't give a shit about me." "I went into 'White House Crisis Mode:' I rolled up my sleeves and stuck my thumb up my ass."

20 minutes
2:42 PM me: awesome
2:43 PM Manny: On Pat Robertson claiming that federal judges are a more serious threat to America than Al Qaeda, the 9/11 terrorists, Nazi Germany, Japan and the civil war: "So here's my offer: I'll spend a year in the company of federal judges if Pat Robertson will spend just a year in a Nazi concentration camp. No, wait -- I'll actually fly on a 747 with federal judges if Pat Robertson will fly on a 747 with Islamic terrorists..." "Stop making fun! If you don't...the federal judges have won!"

20 minutes
3:03 PM me: This is all the cartoon you linked to?
I need to know before I invest time in it...
3:05 PM Manny: yes
me: wow

6 minutes
3:13 PM me: this is just sheer genius
who are these people?
3:15 PM Manny: crazy dude started doing this after 9/11, when it seemed like the whole country had gone nuts and everyone was praising bush for standing on rubble with a bullhorn, like he was Vasily Zaitsev
it's just these dudes emailing each other BS all day
hilarious
3:17 PM me: Wow, they are like our more talented twins
3:19 PM Manny: to be fair, he spends a lot more time, you know, thinking
3:20 PM it's a shame, I can't figure out how to skip back to the first entry
You have to go see the early ones
or buy the book, I suppose
me: I'll start working on it.
3:22 PM He has lots of time for thinking whereas you and I have lots of time in at institutions that may possibly be part of some sort of sick experiment on the effects of wrongness on the individual human adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment