Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bloggers vs. the "Real" Media

10:56 AM me: Did you see the Reggie Theus video I sent you?
Manny: no
i no get it
me: oh, you can watch it later. me: a funny aside to our previous conversation about bloggers: http://with-malice.com/200907201028/articles/nba/theus-hates-bloggers.html
10:58 AM Also, I assume they probably do this on cnn, fox and msnbc, but this on Sportscenter they have a segment where they review the percentage of coverage different stories are getting from "bloggers"

16 minutes
11:14 AM Manny: cnn sometimes reads the internets out loud
thanks cnn!
11:15 AM broadcasting FAIL
11:17 AM me: I'm saying. Really? You can't do better than, this morning "20% of 'bloggers' are talking about Bret Farve"
Now the anchors are saying to each other, "did you tweet? What did you tweet about?"
11:18 AM it's fully pathetic old people trying badly to imitate the discourse of the young
11:19 AM Manny: twitter users are all old
fyi
11:23 AM me: Now that is so interesting. I actually don't know a single person who twitters and most of the non-blog reading people (including kids, and I'm a teacher) I know don't even really know what twitter is.
They do post on facebook though
11:28 AM Manny: the media obsession with twitter is so stupid I don't even know where to start
It's like they missed facebook, so now it has to all be about twitter
11:31 AM me: I think that's a big part of it
also, it's like haiku, it's a form more easily understood and used by rich and old folks
11:32 AM "Oh, I didn't get why they were always posting about their lives which nobody cares about, but now I get it! They capturing artful little moments in time!"
11:33 AM Manny: they are, as my buddy mike once said, masturbating at a fevered pitch
11:34 AM me: ha ha ha
11:37 AM Manny: Similarly:
for more explanation
11:42 AM me: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (this one gets extra laughs!). You gotta love the following: "Your satisfaction with the diagram will be inversely proportional to your knowledge of the technology."
11:43 AM Manny: I feel like that's true for everything everyone says about the news biz right now
Kindle will save newspapers!
(from someone who's never used a kindle)
Ban links!
(from someone who's apparently never been on the internet)
11:44 AM me: You're cracking me up this morning
11:45 AM Manny: I wish it was someone else's industry that was so clueless
11:47 AM me: dude, my industry is completely dysfunctional and moronic and has been a failure for almost a hundred years and our job is to TAKE CARE OF CHILDREN!

No comments:

Post a Comment