Wednesday, June 24, 2009

fact vs. opinion

11:11 AM me: related to our conversation about npr and torture from yesterday, an old Bunch post: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/attytood/44423707.html
11:12 AM Manny: Dan F yet again
11:13 AM me: indeed
good thing the post fired his ass
11:14 AM Manny: moral clarity makes everyonee else look bad
don graham doesn't need that shit
me: that's so true
Manny: he needs his readers to feel serene in their assurance that their betters have everything all worked out
11:16 AM me: and that they will declare what is true and what is false for the benefit of all readers
Manny: the washpo let George Will make up fake data purporting to show that climate change isn't happening
11:17 AM it's opinion, they said
11:18 AM me: oh, obviously opinion. Science, philosophy, and politics are all the same thing my friend

15 minutes
11:34 AM Manny: and punditry
science is the same as punditry
11:35 AM me: of course, hence intelligent design

No comments:

Post a Comment